Making your payment to the African Campus does not need to be a stressful process. If you have any questions, or cannot meet a deadline please be sure to communicate with us, we are here to help. Also, it is essential that you take a minute to read our helpful hints (Table 1) section.
STEP 1 – WHAT IS YOUR ACCOUNT?
Payment for an African Campus program is split into two parts.
- Firstly the deposit is paid to confirm your place on a program. The deposit amount depends on the time when the deposit is paid. If you pay within 2 weeks of being accepted, the amount payable is $500 USD. If you are participating for more than 1 month, the deposit amount payable will be double.
- Secondly the difference, your remaining balance, needs to be paid at least 2 months prior to your arrival at African Campus. This amount is the difference between the total cost of your programs and the deposit you have paid.
STEP 2 – MAKE PAYMENT
When you make payment, all payments are made into the following account. (Neither IBAN nor BIC codes are needed for South Africa). African Campus and Wildlife Research Unit are one in the same company; thus the name on the account falls under WRU.
• Account name: Wildlife Research Unit
• Bank: Nedbank
• Branch: Mossel Bay
• Branch code: 168 905 00
• Account no: 1027733514
• SWIFT Code: NEDSZAJJ
Bank Physical Address: 71 Marsh Street, Mossel Bay, South Africa, 6500
Oceans Campus address: African Campus, 3 Cornwall Street, Mossel Bay, 6500, South Africa
Transfers can be made directly to Nedbank via one of the USD Correspondents below:
• CHASUS33: JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
• CITIUS33: CITIBANK N.A.
• PNBPUS3NNYC: WELLS FARGO BANK, N.A.
• IRVTUS3N: THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON
• BOFAUS3N: BANK OF AMERICA, N.A.
• SCBLUS33: STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
• MRMDUS33: HSBC BANK USA, N.A.
If you do not have an account with any of the above banks, please do not worry. Simply phone your bank, and ask them what the best way would be to do the transfer.
STEP 3 – PROOF OF PAYMENT (POP)
Your next step is to let us know you have made payment. This can be achieved by emailing a copy of your proof of payment to your recruiter, or email our general email account – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we have received your POP we will accept this as confirmation of payment.
STEP 4 – VERIFICATION
After each POP submission, we will send you formal acknowledgement that your payment has been received and your account has been credited.